Coming to see your friends and family in hospital
We know visiting time is the best part of the day for patients, so you’re very welcome to pop in and say hello. Here are some things you can do to help us keep everyone safe:
- Check the ward visiting times. There is a maximum of two visitors per patient at any one time, so it might help to liaise with the family and other friends first
- Infection prevention and control helps us keep the hospital safe from nasty bugs, so remember to wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating and on entering and exiting the ward or clinic
- Please stay away if you’ve had diarrhoea and sickness in the past 48 hours so you don’t pass on any bugs to our patients
- Please don’t sit on the bed – it’s another way bugs can spread
- We are smoke-free so please do not smoke on our sites, in or around our buildings. We can help you stop smoking
- You are welcome to stay during protected mealtimes to help and encourage your friend or loved one to eat. If you have any questions about your loved one’s care, please wait until after meal service.