The first virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon – the world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on the weekend of 15 and 16 August to celebrate cycling and raise funds for UK charities, including the King George and Queen’s Hospitals Charity.
Along with charities across the world, ours has been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, with events such as Prudential RideLondon either postponed or cancelled. So by taking part in this virtual edition, supporters of our charity will be able to raise crucial funds while having fun.
It’s free to take part in and you can get involved from wherever you are. Participants can also opt to tackle a range of distances based on traditional Prudential RideLondon events, or they can choose to free cycle, setting their own challenge distance.
Marina Sherriff, Fundraising Office Manager for our charity, said: “We’re so pleased and excited to be on board with Prudential RideLondon especially as we had to cancel our annual cycling fundraiser, Pedal4Patients, this year.
“We hope that all those who are missing the joy of cycling sign up to support our charity and have lots of fun!”
How it works
My Prudential RideLondon includes four challenges for all ages and abilities for participants to choose from, or they can do on a route of their choice, on either 15 or 16 August:
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46 mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19 mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: set your own challenge (starting from 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything self-propelled!
Register in advance on the website, making sure you select to fundraise for our charity and choose your challenge. You’ll also be provided with a link to set up your fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving.
Once signed up, you’ll be able to download the new My Prudential RideLondon app which will give every participant a unique ride-day experience, including:
- A GPS function enabling your friends and family to follow your progress on the virtual Prudential RideLondon route
- A personalised Prudential RideLondon certificate showing your completed route and time
- Selfie frames to give you a personalised finisher photo.
- Direct donation button through to yout Virgin Money Giving fundraising page.
Every rider over 18 who registers will have the chance to win one of 25 top-quality prizes including a Brompton Bicycle, nutrition bundle, and top-of-the-range cycling equipment.
Participants are asked to follow current government guidelines on cycling.
Find out more on the Prudential RideLondon website.