GP liaison service
Our GP Liaison is the Trust’s link between primary and secondary care. Our services for GPs and practice teams include:
- Providing you with information about Trust services and facilities
- Keeping you up to date with our plans through our GP Liaison e-newsletter, GP Connect
- Helping you work with our Trust to provide better patient care.
01708 504 211
Please note, our GP liaison service only responds to general queries from GPs and other primary care professionals.
Patient support and advice
If your patients or their families need advice or have concerns about their care at the Trust, our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) provide support and advice.
BHRUT and NELFT diabetic foot multi-disciplinary team
A new diabetic foot multi-disciplinary team has been set up with dedicated clinics launched.
The team was set up as a joint collaboration between our Trust and NELFT as a response to local health needs and national guidance. The clinics are available at both Queen’s and King George Hospitals.
These clinical sessions are for patients experiencing limb-threatening and life-threatening diabetic foot problems. Open referral access to MDT is via a dedicated e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We encourage GPs, Podiatrists, and Emergency Departments to use this pathway . This will reduce the emergency admissions rate for our diabetic patients. There will be access to dedicated Podiatrists, Vascular surgeons, Diabetologists, and orthopaedic input.
We expect that this new service will:
- Reduce diabetes-related lower limb and foot amputation rates
- Reduce average length of stay in hospital
- Reduce number of admissions via the Emergency Department
- Support ward rounds and provide in-reach to patients on wards
Please note: this is not a replacement to existing NELFT Community Podiatry Services. Referrals should continue in the usual way. Patients can be referred via choose and book system (ERS). GPs are advised to search under "podiatry" and select "at risk foot".