The following visitor arrangements apply:
- Two visitors, but only one person at a time, can attend our antenatal, postnatal and Coral wards. Children are not allowed to visit.
- Visiting times are between 11am and 8pm and visitors can stay for as long as they wish during this time.
- A birthing support partner and one other can be present with the woman throughout labour.
- If a child is born outside of these visiting hours, the birthing partner will be able to remain on the labour ward.
- If you have had an elective caesarean your birthing partner can stay with you while you are in our High Dependency Unit or Recovery area.
- Birthing partners can attend all maternity clinics.
- Partners are able to attend all scans. They will be asked to wait outside the department until their turn, when they will be able to accompany their loved one to their appointment.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is open 24/7 for both parents, who can be together at the cot side.
Last updated: Sept 2022.