UK recall for Sayana® Press
(medroxyprogesterone acetate 104mg/0.65ml suspension for injection in the Uniject™ injection system)
Pfizer Limited is recalling the following batches of Sayana® Press (medroxyprogesterone acetate) 104mg/0.65ml suspension for injection from the UK market. This is because of an issue related to the sealing process of the injection system in some specific units in the listed batches.
Batches in scope of this recall:
Pfizer’s assessment of the issue concluded that the use of the impacted product has an unlikely probability of being associated with adverse events and the potential risk to patients is considered to be negligible.
If you have any supplies of the above Sayana® Press injections please return them to any of our clinics.
Company contact point for any questions or medical queries related to Pfizer products, please contact Pfizer Medical Information on 01304 616161 or visit https://www.pfizermedicalinformation.co.uk/.
You can also speak with a member of our sexual health team: 01708 435 000 ext. 4333
Sexual health services in Barking, Havering and Redbridge
We provide free and confidential sexual health and contraceptive services for anyone over 13. You don’t need to be referred by your GP.
Come to us for:
- Contraception - available for residents of Havering, Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge and any other London borough.
- We also provide services if you are resident of a non London borough and have emergency contraception needs, or are under the age of 18 years, or have IUD/IUS fitted and are experiencing abdominal pain.
- Quick-check sexual health testing (you must have no symptoms)
- Treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Information and advice about pregnancy, contraception and HIV
- If you are a resident of Barking and Dagenham, Havering or Redbridge you can access online sexual health services at www.bhrut-dl.shl.uk This is suitable if you are over 18 and have no symptoms. Online kits are also available for some other London Boroughs, and you can visit this website to check if you are eligible.
All services are available at our main site in Barking, with satellite clinics in our three boroughs.
Being seen at our clinics
You can book an appointment at your nearest clinic, or visit us during our walk-in times and sit and wait to be seen.
If you would like to book an appointment, or if you have any questions about our service, give us a call on 020 8924 6674.
Remember to turn up ten minutes before your appointment starts. Let us know if you’d like to cancel or change your appointment on the same number - 020 8924 6674.
If you’re under 13 and you’re concerned about your sexual health, our friendly health advisors are here to talk. Call us on 020 8924 6563.
We'll call you with any positive test results, usually within seven to ten working-days. If we have your mobile number, we will text you if your test results are negative.
- Consultant Lead: Dr Sharmin Obeyesekera
- Lead Nurse Family Planning/Contraception: Sally Kelsey
- Lead Nurse GU: Jill Kendall
- HIV Advanced Nurse Practitioner: Emma Macfarlane
- Lead Sexual Health Adviser: Matthew Chou
- Department Manager: Martin Gardner
- Service Manager: Gary Bradshaw