Sexual health services at Loxford Polyclinic, Ilford
Loxford Polyclinic is one of our satellite sites where we offer free sexual health and contraception services.
Contraception is available for residents of Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and any other London Borough.
We also provide services if you are resident of a non London borough and have emergency contraception needs, or are under the age of 18 years, or have IUD/IUS fitted and are experiencing abdominal pain.
Loxford Polyclinic, 417 Ilford Lane, Ilford, IG1 2SN
You can find us here
Sexual health services at Loxford Polyclinic
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Information and advice
- One-to-one discussions on reducing your STI risk
- Free condoms and lubricant
- Advice about unplanned pregnancy
- Treatment for chlamydia by appointment
- Young person-friendly clinic for people aged under 20 years.
You will not be seen at this clinic if you have symptoms – you will need to visit Barking Community Hospital.
If you are a resident of Barking and Dagenham, Havering or Redbridge you can access online sexual health services at www.bhrut-dl.shl.uk. This is suitable if you are over 18 and have no symptoms. Online kits are also available for some other London Boroughs, and you can visit this website to check if you are eligible.
You will not be seen at this clinic if you have symptoms – you will need to attend Barking Community Hospital.
We offer all methods of contraception, including:
- Emergency contraception
- Oral contraception
- Injectable contraception
- Implants, intra-uterine contraception (IUD and IUS) and diaphragms
- Contraceptive patch
- Male and female condoms
- As well as help and advice
For contraceptive procedures, such as IUDs or IUSs (intrauterine system or devices), or implants, you’ll need to make an appointment.
If you’re an existing patient and you require a repeat prescription for contraception you can use our walk-in service.
Appointments, enquiries and opening times
Book an appointment
To book an appointment or to speak to us directly, please call 0208 924 6674 between the hours listed below.
Please tell our reception staff if you
- Have been recently sexually assaulted
- Had sexual exposure to HIV within 72 hours
- Are a teenager under 18 years of age
- Need emergency contraception.
Loxford Polyclinic opening times
|Thursday||12noon to 2.45pm||Walk-in for existing patients and appointments|
|4pm to 7pm||Walk-in for existing patients, new patients and appointments|
Please be aware that our walk-in clinics can get extremely busy and you may have to wait a while. If we are particularly busy we may, on occasion, need to close earlier than usual. If we’re unable to see you on the same day, we’ll try and see you in another session as soon as we can.
If we're not open
If we’re not open, and you cannot wait to be seen, you can
- check if any of our other clinics are open
- visit NHS Choices
- call NHS 111
- some pharmacy services also provide emergency contraception
- contact your GP
- in an emergency, go to the Emergency Department at Queen’s or King George hospitals.