We offer apprenticeship opportunities for a number of different roles and these provide an excellent opportunity for those looking to get started in a career with the NHS. They also give existing staff a great opportunity to develop.
Next week, 6-10 March, is National Apprenticeship Week. Co-ordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service, this week of activity is designed to celebrate apprenticeships and the positive impact they have on individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
The cost of apprenticeship training will be met by the Apprentice Levy. This is a government funded scheme that, after 6 April 2017, requires all employers operating in the UK, with a salary bill of over £3 million each year, to invest in apprenticeships.
An apprenticeship is a work-based training programme focusing on the whole job, not just individual skills, and provides the apprentice with a set of vocational and functional skills qualifications, including English, Maths and ICT.
Apprenticeship qualifications are delivered in the workplace and you will be learning on the job while receiving training from experienced staff. Our entry level apprenticeship opportunities are typically band 2-4 roles and normally last from 12 months to four years, depending on the type of programme.
Examples of Current Apprentice Frameworks and Standards within Health Sector
- Business and Administration
- Business and Professional Administration
- Care Leadership and Management
- Children and Young People's Workforce
- Customer Service
- Health - Allied Health Profession Support
- Health - Assistant Practitioner
- Health - Clinical Healthcare Support
- Health - Dental Nursing
- Health - Emergency Care
- Health - Healthcare Support Services
- HR Management
Examples of Future Apprentice Standards in Development within the Health Sector
Groups of employers (trailblazers) are working together to design new world-class apprenticeship standards that respond to the needs of their industries.
- Health and Wellbeing Leader
- Healthcare Assistant Practitioner
- Healthcare Science Assistant/Associate/Practitioner
- Healthcare Support Worker
- Laboratory Scientist/Technician
- Nurse (registered nurse degree)
- Nursing Associate
- Occupational Therapy
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Therapeutic Radiography
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Senior Pharmacy Services Assistant
- Business Administrator
- HR Advisor
- HR Consultant
- HR Support
- Recruitment Consultant
- Team Leader/Supervisor
To find out more, please contact Jennie Stone or call 01708 435 000 ext 3859