Children’s Community Nursing Team
We are a team of nine enthusiastic qualified children’s nurses and one Administrator based at Queen’s Hospital, providing nursing care, teaching and support for children and families in the Barking, Dagenham or Havering area. Every child will have a trained children’s nurse, who will plan their care in partnership with them and their family to enable nursing at home whenever possible.
- We work in collaboration with other health care professionals in the hospital and community setting to help support children and families with acute and chronic health care needs.
- We aim to facilitate early discharge from hospital and reduce hospital admissions if possible.
We care for children who are affected by a wide range of problems/conditions below. Please contact us to discuss any additional conditions not listed.
- Juvenille Idiopathic Arthritis
- Renal Disease
- Liver disease
- Acute and chronic respiratory problems
- Care of artificial airways
- Enteral feeding
- Cystic Fibrosis – sweat test clinics are run
- Oncology and Haematology conditions
- Chronic and complex health care needs
- Oxygen dependency
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Cardiac problems
- Acute infection requiring intravenous antibiotics
- Wound care
- Palliative care
- End of life support
Location: We are based at Tropical Lagoon children’s ward on the 1st floor of Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, RM7 OAG.
Hours of service: 0800- 1800 – Monday- Friday
No cover at weekends or bank holidays
Contact details: Direct Line: 01708 504413
Queens’ Hospital: 01708 435000
E mail address: email@example.com
- New referrals are only accepted from health care professionals and be registered with a GP in Barking, Dagenham or Havering.
- Referrals are considered for any child with a nursing need who can be safely cared for in the community.
- We accept referrals for children aged 0-16 years ( up to 18 years for children with special needs)
Our referral form can be downloaded and faxed or e- mailed via the nhs.net email.
Click on CHCT leaflet for families
Click on referral form.